Fecal Incontinence Treatment in Charleston, SC
At Lowcountry Urology, we offer innovative and effective treatment options for fecal incontinence. Depending on the severity and underlying cause of your condition, our treatments may include conservative measures such as dietary modifications, medications, and pelvic floor exercises. In cases where non-surgical interventions are not sufficient, we also provide advanced surgical options tailored to your needs. Schedule an appointment at one of our urology clinics in Charleston, SC.
Bowel control problems are extremely common, but they are not normal. If you suffer from bowel control issues, you know how much they can interrupt your life. It’s time to speak up and get back to living your life.
Do the following sound familiar?
- Frequent bowel accidents
- Monitoring what and how much you eat
- Using pads or protective garments
- Planning activities around the bathroom
Fecal Incontinence (FI) Facts
- 1 in 12 adults in the US has fecal incontinence (FI).1,2
- 21 million adults in the US are affected by fecal incontinence (FI).1,2,3
Do you qualify?
Take a two-minute quiz to see if you qualify for treatment.
You are not alone – find relief for bowel control problems
Fecal Incontinence (FI) is a treatable condition. It’s not a normal part of aging. And you shouldn’t have to deal with it on your own.
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
1. Whitehead WE, Borrud L, Goode PS, et al. Fecal Incontinence in US adults: epidemiology and risk factors. Gastroenterology. 2009;137(2):512-517
2. Ditah I, Devaki P, Luma HN et al. Prevalence, trends, and risk factors for fecal incontinence in United States adults, 2005-2010. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;12:636-643</sup
3. US Census Bureau 2020. US adult and under-age-18 populations: 2020 census. https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/interactive/adult-and-under-the-age-of-18-populations-2020-census.html. Accessed June 20, 2022.
Schedule a Fecal Incontinence Appointment Today
Our compassionate team of urology specialists in Charleston is ready to provide you with the exceptional care and advanced treatments you need to overcome the challenges of fecal incontinence.